|Job Title: Director of Worship|
The Worship Director is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship ministries of Servant’s Community Church. This includes but is not limited to, our weekly community worship, implementation of the mission and vision of Servant’s Community Church, crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the Pastor, and training and nurturing worship team members and volunteers while working with various groups throughout the church to use music and the arts for worship.
● Will be committed to a blended worship style that is creative, visionary, flexible and diverse.
● Have spiritual gifts in the areas of shepherding, community building, encouragement, faith and humility. He or she should be gifted in people management skills, a good listener, motivational and willing to work as a team player.
● Will likely have his or her own personal gifts and passions. We aim to provide space and support for pursuing those within the context of worship.
● Will have a desire to continue growing and learning and will have access to funds to do so.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Create an inviting and sacred atmosphere for authentic encounters with God.
● To bring a commitment to positively exemplify the mission/vision of our church during times of singing and music.
● To find his/her place in the life and ministry of our church and our surrounding neighborhood so that worship services reflect our geographical and social context.
● To explore and integrate a variety of worship styles, music, and ideas that embrace both tradition and change.
● To recruit, train, and encourage new and existing instrumentalists, vocalists and production team members.
● To direct or facilitate all areas of production; including audio, lighting, presentation slides, service management, and equipment maintenance.
● To collaborate with colleagues and other leaders regularly.
Hours: Part time, flexible, 10 hours on average per week
Pay: negotiable, depending on qualifications
We are looking for applicants willing to be a part of our church community and model a personal faith as well.
People who apply should have strong verbal skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and empathy.
Please send resume & letter of intent to Pastor Mark Veldt at firstname.lastname@example.org, and be ready with 3 references.
Our vision statement:
We envision a community of transformation, seeking Christ’s Kingdom, loving God and loving our neighbor
Servant’s Community Church: Introduction to Serving on our Staff
Who We Are: We are a small church community on the west side of Grand Rapids. Our church was brought into being in 1981 in the building at 53 Deloney SW formerly used by Ninth Reformed Church. On a typical Sunday morning about 90-100 of us gather for 10:00 worship, including about 30-35 children in their age-based worship experiences. Our worship services invite people to “come as you are,” and are very informal. We strive to reflect the neighborhood in which we live, including members who are of various ethnic, economic, vocational, and social backgrounds, although we acknowledge that we still have progress to make in this area. We seek to welcome all people with the sincere message, “You belong!” We are a part of the Reformed Church in America (www.rca.org), the oldest Protestant denomination in North America. We are truly a community church, connecting with many people in our neighborhood who may attend other churches or none at all. Every Wednesday at 5:30pm we and many of our neighbors gather at Servant’s Church for a free community dinner. This and other activities continue to build our connections with our community and are possible in part because of our strong reliance on partnerships with other churches and individuals outside of our congregation.
Our Mission: Loving God. Loving people. Making disciples.
Our Vision: Servant’s Community Church envisions a community of transformation, seeking Christ’s Kingdom, loving God and loving neighbor.
Compelled by the Gospel
Diversity and unity – in Christ
Sharing life together
Everyone is gifted and called to serve
Personal Qualifications for Staff Members at Servant’s Community Church:
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, with a passion for God’s Word and His people; a life of excellence and integrity
- Participation in the church and/or other organizations with an ability to organize, lead, encourage, motivate and work with others
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Servant’s Community Church.
- Personal commitment to the authority of the Word of God for all matters of faith and life and thoughtful, supportive engagement with the ministry and witness of Servant’s Church (see our doctrinal standards at https://www.rca.org/about/theology/)
- Appropriate written and verbal communication skills
- Basic technological skills and the ability to learn and work with multiple platforms while considering new digital solutions for ongoing improvement
- A humble and teachable spirit; one who leads and learns by serving and being served
- Ability to organize and plan for long-term goals and strategies
- Adaptability to the changing demographics and needs of the congregation and community in order to allow for the church to adapt to those needs, fully embracing the value of rich diversity
- Spanish speaking ability is preferred, though not required.